Music Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Manga Review: Bamboo Blade

Photobucket


Title: Bamboo Blade
Author: Totsuka Masahiro, Igarashi Aguri
Release: Monthly
Status: Ongoing
Genre: Sports, Slice of life, Comedy
Art: B
Originality: B
Story: B
Characters: S
Humor: A
Action: A

Impression: This is the story of two Kendo instructors that make a bet on which of their all girls’ Kendo team will win a face off against the other’s. The prize is a trophy that one of them won back in their high school years against all you can eat free sushi at the other one’s family sushi restaurant. Unfortunately for the guy who won the trophy in the first place, he still has to gather up the remaining remembers of his team before they can fight. The strength of this manga lies in its characters and jokes rather than the story which in IMHO is rather lackluster. It’s still a decent plot overall but I don’t think of it seriously at all and I read it for the great jokes it has. The Kendo scenes are actually quite well done but since I myself took up Kendo, I really have to wonder if the author intentionally made the characters so n00bish to the basics in Kendo just so that he could educate the readers a bit on the martial art. If he isn’t then I must have been better at it than I gave myself credit for.

Manga Reviews Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails