Music Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Saturday 5 September 2009

Manga Review: Uzumaki

Photobucket


Title: Uzumaki
Author: Junji Itoh
Release: Monthly
Status: Finished
Genre: Horror
Art: S
Originality: S
Story: S
Characters: A
Humor: C
Action: S

Impression: This about the people living in a town where one day incidents involving spiral motifs come to haunt this town in a series of highly disturbing incidents. Let me just say what I thought was the most disturbing of all of these incidents - people turning into giant snails. I get chills just remembering that because of how gross the idea is. The mindscrew factor of this manga is pretty high thanks to the author's awesomely gruesome ideas and art style. It's not the kind of horror that will keep you awake at night out of fear of being attacked but the kind that's just really disturbing to think about. This manga is guaranteed to disturb readers and is a must read for horror fans. I know I enjoyed it despite getting very grossed out at the snail people. I can handle pregnant women sucking blood and their babies talking about going back in their mothers' wombs I can handle but the snail people are just...

Manga Reviews Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails