Music Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Monday 5 October 2009

Manga Review: Ane-Doki

From this point forward I’m cutting down the reviews to one manga per day because my A’ levels are starting in two weeks and will last till late November. It’s lot easier for me to keep up posting this way so that I have a longer grace period to find new manga to review – not even I could find 3 new manga to read every day. One is a bit of a stretch but still doable.

Photobucket


Title: Ane-Doki
Author: Kawashita Mizuki
Release: Weekly
Status: Ongoing
Genre: Slice of Life
Art: A
Originality: A
Story: B
Characters: A
Humor: A
Action: B

Impression: This is about a 12 year old boy who involuntarily gets a new tenant living in house while his dad has to go away for work. This tenant is a free spirited 16 year old high school girl whose family believes in self independence and there is no end to the frustration and trouble that she gives the boy who has just begun his life as a young adolescent. At first I thought this was going to be a fanservice manga and while there is plenty of it provided by the heroine much to the protagonist’s embarrassment, it’s still got a solid story along with plenty of fun characters. I really loved the jokes at how the young kids act when they’re going through puberty even though I can barely relate to the kids when I was their age. Kids really know way too much nowadays. Somehow it makes me feel old and at the same time it’s a fun refreshing read.

Manga Reviews Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails