Music Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday 6 December 2009

Manga Review: Saki

Photobucket


Title: Saki
Author: Kobayashi Ritz
Release: Monthly
Status: Ongoing
Genre: Comedy, Yuri
Art: B
Originality: B
Story: B
Characters: B
Humor: B
Action: B

Impression: This is a manga about a girl named Saki who has an unusually high amount of luck in Mahjong and her journey into the Mahjong world. After overcoming her mental block for winning at Mahjong and winning over a new friend in the mahjong club, Saki and her Mahjong club buddies enter an interschool Mahjong tournament. It's a rather silly manga with an even sillier and more over the top anime adaptation. Even the Yuri undertones are increased in the anime adaptation but somehow I just couldn't bring myself to read and watch any further than the first round of the tournament. I just really couldn't get into this series for some reason even though there is that winning combination of schoolgirls+yuri+comedy thrown in there. Guess they overdid the moe fanservic factor for me so I couldn't really stomach anything more than what they showed me. In any case, it is a good comedy but I just can't seem to get into this manga.

Manga Reviews Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails