Music Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Manga Review: Dr. Ruuru

Photobucket


Title: Dr. Ruuru
Author: Maeda Risou
Release: Monthly
Status: Ongoing
Genre: Shonen, Comedy
Art: A
Originality: A
Story: B
Characters: B
Humor: C
Action: B

Impression: This is the story of a young man infected with a disease called the Devil Flu and the intergalactic nurse that was sent to help him manage it. The Devil Flu affects the person’s surroundings based on their mood and could cause disasters if it’s not kept under proper control. I had to give this an A for originality due to the fact I could hardly believe someone would combine space aliens with a pseudo medical plot even though I’m not particularly interested in it. The characters and initial plot are okay for now but the humor suffers horribly from the puns. I can only imagine the translator’s anguish trying to come up with these painfully punny jokes. I never understood the Japanese sense of humor concerning puns but my guess is that the original raw script can’t be as painful as the translated ones so the international opinion will most likely diverge from the local opinion for this manga. I can only imagine masochists taking a liking to this manga for its cringeworthy jokes in it.

Manga Reviews Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails