Music Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday 28 September 2008

Damn that was too close!

Three hours ago, I did something that I thought would kill my laptop's OS for once and for all. I messed around with the system32 folder in my laptop just to change the startup animation. In the process of doing so i made it so that the User Application Control system of my Vista Business would malfunction so that i can't do anything to repair the system through normal means.

HERE IS A PIECE OF ADVICE:



NEVER MESS WITH THE SYSTEM32 FILES



Damn those were a scary 3 hours of failed attempts at fixing the system. After much failure, I decided to try a bootup from a dvd . That didn't actually restart the system but it gave me access to the system restore point option without the stupid UAC blocking it. Thank god it worked or i'd be forking over hundreds to replace an entire operating system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails