Music Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Thursday, 9 April 2009

Staying at my cuz's and K-ON!

It's been almost two weeks since I last blogged about anything and I'm pleased to see that I've gotten 1300+ hits since then because of my dragonball evolution review. At one point it even made it to the top 10 google results for "Dragonball Evolution Review" about a week ago. It seems that it's gone way down now since there are a lot of other sites putting up their own reviews. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who enjoyed the movie though there are quite a few haters out there as well. To raging fans: Why so serious? (I don't get many chances to use that quote)


I've been staying at my cousins' place for the past few days because my parents are in Singapore at the moment with my little sister and brother. Thankfully they'll be back to night but it seems that I'll have to stay another night here seeing as they'll be too tired from jetlag to send me and my brother to school tomorrow. It's not that it's horrible staying at cuz's, quite the contrary as the hard bed and the digitally controlled AC make it harder for me to get up in the morning.

I really miss sleeping in my room even though I wake up as if I'd been sleeping inside a refrigerator every morning. Despite how comfortable the room I'm sleeping in is, it just doesn't give me the relaxing sleep that I need to function. I haven't had a single dream since I came here and that seems to be bothering me since dreams are supposed to reorganize your memories. That and my dreams are quite possibly some of the most amazing experiences in my life. It's a little frustrating that I can't recall them all as perfectly as I want to but the bits I do remember are quite awesome. There's no way I can actually challenge Rif to a competition to see who can run up a wall the highest in an ancient ruin with built in canals, a glass domed roof and forests at the top of those walls in real life after all. A duel to the death on top of a walkway connecting the roofs of two skyscrapers with flaming swords during a storm is possible but I doubt I'll live to tell the tale if I did that for real. My dreams are just f***ing awesome!

Now onto the main topic of this post, K-On! It's a new series in the land where weaboos want to live in. Click on the link to find out what that means and know that while Japan is an awesome place to visit, I'd get sick of the food and the otakus there if I were to live there. The Otakus there are just so damn pathetic and depraved and despite what Urban dicitonary says about term, I still consider myself as one. Just not as extreme as the ones in japan. You can check out Sankaku Complex or 4chan(DO NOT GO TO /b/) to get an idea of what they're like. Careful though, they're not work friendly sites and I suggest you ignore all the risque stuff to maintain your sanity.

K-On! is about a group of four girls who formed a light music club in their school. It's being animated by Kyoto Animation based off a 4koma manga by Kakifly. For some reason KyoAni decided to go with a messy animation style for this one but it seems t

If you're an otaku who knows their way around the internet then you'll probably have noticed that the fanbase is booming despite the fact that the second episode just came out yesterday. Loads and loads of images, mostly Mio(for good reason), and at least two dozen fan-made videos up on the Nico-Nico charts at Sankaku complex. There are already Miku and Luka covers for the ED song up on youtube. They've somehow even managed to get full versions of the OP and ED songs way before the official release of the albums. The sudden surge of fandom is quite staggering even if it is a KyoAni show. I can't really quite imagine what's going to happen if the rumours of the second season Haruhi being mixed into the rebroadcast of the first season turn out to be true. There are 28 slots that's going to be used for the rebroadcast and the first season only had 14 episodes so things are looking good... unless Kadokawa really intend to troll the fans to death.


I really do like the ED. Both the song and the sequence. The guitar play reminds me of the original mighty morphin' power rangers song for some reason. The animation sequence is quite dynamic here and is synchronized to the song perfectly. By watching it you'll also understand why Mio is attracting so much attention. Can't wait till they animate their school festival performance since that's going to be fun. Mio's already appealing just from her appearance but wait till you see how her timid personality manifests itself. That's where her moe factor really kicks in and will most likely cement her victory in the 2009 Saimoe competition. If she does, that'll make it KyoAni's victory for two straight years. I hope this won't result in another Nagi incident if something happens to her.

Here's some images that I scrounged up from 4chan and Dannychoo. Click on them for full size. Notice how they all have Mio in them. I have yet to find images of just any single one of the other characters. By the way, Danny actually changed his avatar to Mio for a few days instead of Mirai. THAT's how popular this anime and Mio are.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

That's it for now, I'll be showing off my new Revoltech Saber Alter next time since i don't have my camera with me along with whatever gundam my parents bought me in Singapore. I'm hoping that they found a 1/100 RX-78-2 ver. Ka for me like I asked. Here's one last pic. Enjoy it, Mio fans.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails